- Roast poblano pepper and chop. (See notes)
- Add poblano, chicken broth, tomatoes, green chilies, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings into the crock pot and stir well to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and nestle them down into the liquid.Cook on low for 6-7 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
- Remove the chicken and shred it, using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Add black beans and lime juice. Stir to combine and let it heat through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!