- Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey, (a mix of light and dark meat is best)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more finely chopped habanero pepper
- Fine sea salt to taste
For the salsa, combine avocado, red peppers, lime juice, basil, habanero peppers and salt into a bowl and gently stir. Set aside.
For the burgers, prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. Combine turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, basil and pepper into a large bowl and mix together well. Shape turkey mixture into 4 patties, then grill, flipping once, until just cooked through. Serve turkey burgers topped with salsa.
Nutritional Info: Per Serving: 400 calories (200 from fat), 22g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 205mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 30g protein.