- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 72 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (about 2 loaves)
- Cooking spray
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Combine boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes; cover and let stand 15 minutes or until soft. Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, olives, basil, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Place tomato mixture in a small bowl; stir in oil. Cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place half of bread slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat bread slices with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 4 minutes. Turn bread slices over; lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake an additional 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Cool completely.
Garnish tapenade with parsley, if desired; serve with crostini.